Sunday, February 9, 2014

I've Been a Slacker!

I sit here and can't believe how I have neglected this blog over the past 4 months. My last post was full of promise for the up-coming deer season and I was excited about the possibilities of shooting a nice buck that was hanging around one of my stand sites. My hopes were quickly dashed as I got word of someone else shooting this particular deer not very far from my stand site. These things happen, but it really took the wind out of my sails and this blog suffered because of it. Not to mention that Blogger has been having problems and typing an actual post has become something of a nightmare.

I have been busy over the past few months, but I am not going to try and rehash every detail. I'll just give you some info to help you catch up.


We dominated soccer this year!  Reid's team won the league tournament as well as the local Tri-county tournament.  He had an excellent year and we continue to build on his soccer success.  He was recently asked to join a local soccer club that will allow him to practice all year long and continue to improve.


Reid killed his first deer!  Hunting with his Papa, he shot this doe with his 20 gauge shotgun with buck shot!  He was so proud of himself!


Big John and I went to Kansas.  We killed a few birds, but the bird numbers are still way down from just a few years ago!


Josey the Wonder dog is still going strong in the dove field as she patiently waits for Reid to bring another grey bird falling to the earth!


We have gone head over heals into archery!!  Reid got a bow for Christmas and now every spare moment we have finds us in the back yard slinging arrows!


His friends have even gotten in on the action!


Archery may be the new golf for me!  Nothing quite like letting that arrow fly!  Here is a late season success shot that helped revive my deer season after the disappointment of missing out on the buck I was after!


And just so you don't think that this is a hunting only kind of family, my little girl is bringing home the bling every other weekend in her gym competitions!

So there you have it.  That's the last 4 months.  I'll try and do a better job and may go back and hit some of the highlights when I have more time, but as you can see, we've been busy!!

3 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Living is the main thing. Enjoy life while you have it, especially with your kids. Like all old-timers will tell you, they're only young once.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Good to see you back…and great job raising your son into the hunting fraternity!

The Gang said...

Glad you're back. I was beginning to think you were too busy scheming for next year's fantasy football team to write a post or two.