Thursday, May 6, 2010

Step Two Complete!


This thing is going to be beautiful! This is the bottom shelf that I finished up tonight. It has really good color and some nice grain in the wood. It really does have a lot of character. I think this table has some serious age on it. You can just tell as you are sanding the wood that it has been around a while. I already have someone interested in buying it and I think they are going to be pleased with the end result.

It is now on to the legs. They take a bit longer to do as they are more difficult to sand. I have the first leg covered in some stripper right now and I am just going to see how it does. Hopefully most of the paint will come off with just one coat. I will then hit the high spots with a sander and work my way into the spindle grooves with my dremel tool. Gonna be some work, but if it keeps turning out like this, I'm gonna be pleased!

No comments: