Sunday, October 3, 2010

I was pretty close!


In a blog earlier this year, I predicted that the Braves would finish the regular season with a record of 92 wins and 70 losses.  I only missed it by ONE game.  Today the Braves defeated the Phillies to end the regular season with 91 wins and 71 losses.  I guessed pretty good!!  I also predicted that the Braves would win the wild card by placing second in their division behind the Phillies.  If the Giants defeat the Padres this afternoon, that is exactly what will happen.  If the Padres win, then there will have to be a playoff to determine the Wild Card.  I hope the Braves get into post season play, but I really do not look for them to do much if they get there.  They do not play very good defense and they simply do not hit enough to be considered a major threat.  I hope I am wrong and they make it to the World Series, but injuries to key players have not helped very much.

                              ******************

To all of my outdoor blogging friends I hope to bring you some trail cam shots very soon.  We spent some time at the hunting club this weekend setting up cameras and getting some work done.  We placed two cameras on two different mock scrapes.  This is the first time we have tried this so I am excited to see if we get any results!

                             ******************

I started blogging back in February and have written what I thought were some very good post that did not get very many comments from friends of mine or people that I know.  To tell the truth, I'm willing to bet that very few members of the Hump Day crowd even read my blog.  Not the case with my latest blog entry.  It seems that if you start talking about college football and what kind of fan you are, it gets the boys attention. Some of my fellow GSU alumni accused me of calling them out directly.  I assure you that I did not have any one person in mind when I wrote it.  My average visits to a blog post of mine is anywhere from 20 to 30 visits (I only have 26 followers, and I only know 11 of them personally).  My last post received 400 visits from over 250 different readers.  Wow!  I also received 15 comments on the blog and my little blog has been the topic of conversation around all of our weekly gatherings.  I have received phone calls, e mails, text messages, a request to print the article in the GSU newspaper,  an even a UGA sign in my yard this past Saturday morning.  It goes without saying that die hard GSU fans love the blog and UGA fans are having fun with it by pointing out the holes in my logic.  Hard copies of the blog have made there way to all of the Georgia parties this weekend and my friends are currently asking me such questions as "If they take an online class at Alabama, can they pull for them?"  Be my guest!

I'm glad the boys are having fun with this thing and it really does not bother me at all because in the long run I hope that they will check back with my blog or read some of my past post that talk about how much my friends mean to me (I got a buddy!).  If they will take the time to do that, then all of this good natured ribbing will be well worth it!

Keep following guys!  You might just like some of the things I have to say!

6 comments:

Hal said...

You got me! I'll be checking in regularly now. You know my e-mail to you was all in good fun. I had a good time writing it!

Unknown said...

I has been fun to see what you guys have come up with. Go Eagles!!

Joe said...

Good luck to your Braves. A good friend of mines son plays for the Phillies. He just got call up to the show last month. He's the second string shortstop right now and excited about being on the team in the playoffs. I think his dad may be even more excited...LOL!

Unknown said...

Joe- They have a very good team and I look for them to give whomever they play in the World Series fits!

Dennis said...

Looking forward to the game cam pics Trey...btw...how are you at predicting lottery numbers? (think NJ and send me an email ;)

Anonymous said...

I gave up on the Dodgers and Angels a long time ago. I'm looking for a new team to cheer for! :-)