Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I've got a buddy that I can call....


I watch the show "Pawn Stars" on the history channel. It comes on Monday nights and features a pawn shop in Vegas. It is run by a Father, son and grand-son. It is amazing at the items that come into the shop to be sold. Some are your typical items such as watches, jewelery, and guitars, but some items are truly unique and make you wonder where they came from. The son does most of the dealing with the unique items and has a vast knowledge of history about most of them, however when he gets stumped on a truly unique item he always says "I've got a buddy that I can call. He'll come down here and take a look at this item and tell us all about it."

Civil War sword- "I got a buddy"
1840 stagecoach gun- "I got a buddy"
George Washington's gold tooth- "I got a buddy"
helicopter- "I got a buddy"
Indian head totem- "I got a buddy"
rare coin- "I got a buddy"

and on and on and on......

It got me to thinking about how blessed I am to have some buddies also. I really am a very lucky person to have made friends with some great people over the years and I seem to have a friend that can do just about everything.

Need a dentist- "I got a buddy"
Need some insurance- "I got a buddy"
Need some legal advice- "I got a buddy"
Need a cell phone- "I got a buddy"
Need a car- "I got a buddy"
Need some prayer- "I got a buddy" (yes I know that I can also pray but my buddy is a pastor)
Need some timber cut- "I got a buddy or buddies"
Need your shop wired- "I got a buddy"
Need some furniture- "I got a buddy"
Need a golf cart- "I got a buddy"
Need medical attention- "I got a buddy"
Need a house built- "I got a buddy"
Need media connections- "I got a buddy"
Need windows for your house- "I got a buddy"

and on and on and on and on!!!!!

One of my buddies spoke at my wedding rehearsal dinner the night before Dana and I got married. He told a story that his father in law's father had told him. He was told that at the end of your life you will be able to count on one hand the people that have always been there for you no matter what. Those are your real friends. He described me as one of those people that would be on that one hand. That meant a great deal to me as I have always wanted to be there for my friends and I pride myself in trying to be there when my friends need me. The truth is I love helping my friends in times of need no matter how big or small. I want to be included on a lot of one hands.

Who are your buddies? Give them a call or tell them how much their friendship means to you the next time you see them. For my buddies that might read this... I thank you for being my friend and if you ever need something "You got a Buddy!"

AEKDB

2 comments:

Molly @ View From a Saddle said...

I like that show!
I like this post! Very uplifting :)

CHERI said...

Does this mean when I get ready for the nursing home you'll be my buddy, take good care of me, and put me somewhere by the sea? I want an ocean-front room, please!