Monday, October 3, 2011

Burning Powder!

It was a beautiful Sunday here in South Georgia, so we decided to go out and do a little shooting after church.  We gathered up a few guns, mostly small calibers like .22's and .17's and hit the range.  Reid took his Marlin youth modle .22 and a bag full of bullets.  My Dad and I were content to let him shoot until he was tired.

We had a good time and I am happy to report that even though we had some windy conditions, the groups were very tight by the end of the afternoon.  I even took the time to shoot my 30.06.  I am thankful that it was dead on after only one shot.  That thing packs a little more punch than a .22.

The following is a short video of Reid shooting his gun and getting a little advice from his Papa.  He does pretty well and by the end of the day was showing very good form.  He takes his time and I got a good laugh each time he would eject his spent shell.  After the shell would leave the chamber, Reid would blow into the barrel.  He told us that he didn't want that smoke inside his gun!


It was a good day!

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute little boy!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Nothing like getting out and shooting some guns! I can't see your video (it's blocked here at work) but I am sure you and Reid both are grinning ear to ear. I will come back to check the video out when I get home ;)