Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hard to believe!

I have a very good friend of mine that I am deeply concerned about.  This fellow grew up in Fitzgerald, GA and was educated at the University of Georgia and further more at Ole Miss.  He enjoys college football, the Atlanta Braves and a good steak.  He is definitely one of the guys!  The reason that I am concerned about him is that just recently it was brought to the attention of the "Hump Day" crowd that our good friend has been deprived of some of life's simplest pleasures that every young man from South Georgia should have the opportunity to enjoy. 

What tragic events are these in which I am speaking??

My friend has never seen the movies Smokey and the Bandit, Lonesome Dove, The Outlaw Josey Whales, or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!

How can that be you might ask!  We are really not sure, but it has now become a Hump Day mission to educate this young man on the life lessons to be learned from these fine productions, not to mention all of the cool movie quotes that can be found from these classics.  In fact, last night we quoted enough Lonesome Dove lines that he may just feel like he has already seen it.

So for all of my blog readers I offer the following challenge:  Post in the comments section your favorite line from one or more of these movies like so-

"To hell with them guys!  Buzzards got to eat same as the worms!"- Josey Whales
"Tabes is in for a buck solid"- One Flew Over.....
"I might want to kick a pig once in a while."- Lonesome Dove

My friend really needs this education from each and every one of you!  I will offer him the following.  Below is a great video of Sheriff Buford T Justice from Smokey and the Bandit.  For those of you who know the movie you know that this video is not safe for sensitive ears (turn down the volume at work or if there are kids present).  To my friend, try to enjoy what you have been missing all of these years!! :)


No comments: