Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today is my Mama's __th birthday.  Let's just say that she is old enough to be my Mama, but her looks will make you think she is much younger.  I was once asked at a fraternity parents weekend in college who my date was.  It was Mama.  I won't repeat the rest of that conversation.  She is good looking and I hope I age as well as she has, even though I look just like Daddy.

It is hard for me to write about my Mama.  Daddy is easy but there is just something about Mama's and their little boys that is hard for us macho men to put down into words.  I guess it is hard to admit just how much they really mean to us and as in my case I am reminded just how little I tell her that very thing.  So today on you birthday Mama I want to tell you that you are loved and thank you for all that you do for me.  I am in no way the perfect son, but you have come pretty close to being the perfect mother.  Thank you for always being there!

Happy Birthday Mama, and just so you will know,


I would still take you as my date anytime!!

I love you good lookin'!!

Trey


2 comments:

CHERI said...

Thank you, Trey....this means more than you know...the best birthday present a mama could hope for. I sometimes wish you were still my little boy and that I didn't have to share you with anyone but little boys grow up and go their own ways and then we mamas just have to let you spread your wings and fly without us. I love you and am so thankful you love me too. And thanks for the compliment; you know how to make a ___ yr. old woman feel good!

CHERI said...

Thank you, Trey! This is the best birthday present any mama could ask for...I appreciate it more than you know. Sometimes I wish you were still my little boy but at some point we mamas have to let go and let our children fly on their own wings. I love you very much. Thanks for the compliments!!! I needed those!