Monday, April 16, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!


Reid's birthday present this year included tickets to the Braves game.  This was his first trip to Turner field to watch his favorite baseball team, and the first time my Dad and I have been to a game together in many years.  We had great seats and we watched a terrific ball game which included a home run by Chipper Jones and Jason Heyward, Reid's two favorite players!  The Braves pulled out the victory against the Brewers 7-4.  We ate peanuts, Cracker-Jacks, hot dogs and pop-corn.  We bought Brave's hats and sang "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch.  It was a great day shared between Grand-father, father, and son. (We let one of Reid's friends tag along too!)

Reid, Taylor, and Daddy
It really was a perfect afternoon at the ball park.  The weather was great and we got there early for batting practice.  We even made our way down to behind the dug-out and spoke with some players before the game!  The kids had a great time!  I can't wait to go again!!

7 comments:

Jan said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday! I love to go watch the Braves play too! I am sure that this will be an all-time favorite memory and will be talked about for a long time!! I think you should make it a tradition since you all love baseball so much! Good job!

Main Line Sportsman said...

Well done...great Father son stuff....except I hate the Braves as you can imagine...

Steve said...

What a great day! I got to see one game with my father as a boy and still remember the joy of the day. I've had the chance to go to quite a few games with my sons and we did an entire family to a Braves/Phillies game in Atlanta. What a great park to watch baseball.

Unknown said...

Steve,

It really is a great park and we had excellent seats. We sat in the level just above ground level behind the 1B dugout. We were actually under the awning of the upper deck, so we were in the shade all day! Perfect view of the game!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I love seeing multiple generations together! This past Easter, we had FIVE generations together. It was a blast...and my 90 yr grandma, ran circles around us all, haha

The Gang said...

Sounds like a great experience!

CHERI said...

I love it when all my guys get to spend quality time together.