Tuesday, September 11, 2012
What Have I Gotten Myself Into??
Sunday afternoon football has always been nap time at my house, or work time in the shop, or play time with the kids. I don't know that I have watched more than a handful of games over the past few years. I get my football fix on Friday night and all day Saturday. But I have a feeling that is all about to change. I have a new hobby. This new hobby is seeing just how bad my new fantasy football team can perform with me as its General Manager. I was stupid enough to allow the Downeast Duck Hunter to talk me into joining a Fantasy Football league and my limited knowledge of the Pro game came through with shining colors this past week.
- I finished dead last in points scored this week
- My bench players scored more points than my starters
- My number one draft pick didn't show up for practice until two days before the first game
- I was a 24 point under dog before the first snap
- I asked for insider help from ESPN and it caused me to do worse
- I was awarded the LIMP Award this week by my league for the poorest performance
HOWEVER, I did watch more Pro football this past week than I have in the past 10 years! I'm not sure that is a good thing!!
So I will go into the second week of Fantasy Football reading all of the projections and trying to field a team that might actually score me some points. My competitive side of me will not allow me to give up and my commitment side will not allow me to not finish what I started. Please note however that I will play the remaining part of this season under protest. DDH I told you I didn't want to do this! I like the REAL world!
Oh look, I'm favored by 4 in week two!!!!!! Look out boys, the Brave Eagle is back!!!!